Monday, June 5, 2017

A Bible Seek-and-Find Book

My 4-year-old son just loves seek-and-find books, which can be challenging because ones like Where's Waldo are too hard for me, much less him (everyone is wearing red and white). Bible Sleuth: New Testament was just right for him. The pages are a foot tall, there are tons of unique characters in all sorts of poses of doing all kinds of things, and my son can usualy find each person in less than a minute. With 8 people or objects for each of the 14 pictures spread out across 2 pages, it means quite a bit of entertainment for my son.

Each of the pictures illustrates an event from the New Testament along with a paragraph describing what is going on. I doubt most children will pay attention to the description because seek-and-find books are like gamesthe pictures are primary, the story is only secondary. A Bible-themed seek-and-find book is just as much fun as a pirate- or U.S. history-themed one. Because these books are more like games than anything else, it's a good thing such a somber and significant event like the crucifixion is not pictured.

My only real criticism of the book is that a number of the hidden objects are placed in the center margin between the two pages. I can't blame the artist for that since the publisher probably decided on the final format of the book. I still recommend it.

I received this book from the publisher for the purpose of providing this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment