Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Berenstain Bears and the Christmas Angel

I have fond memories of reading the Berenstain Bears with my parents, and now I'm reading the books with my kids. I still prefer the original stories, but the recent additions by the Berenstain couple's son are enjoyable reads as well.

In The Berenstain Bears and the Christmas Angel the bear cubs make an angel out of snow and learn about how Gabriel announced the coming of Jesus to Mary and the angels told the shepherds that he had been born. The illustrations are on par with those done by Stan and Jan Berenstain, and the focus on the angels of Christmas is one of the more unique emphases I've seen in children's books. It even has a list of Bible passages for parents and children to look up about angels.

The Berenstain Bears have been around since 1962, and I'm glad they're going to be here for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment