Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Peru Trip, Day 1

Peru Mission Trip | Saturday, October 8, 2016 | Day 1

Once the bags were packed, checked, and double-checked to make sure I had everything, I spent about a half hour in the morning making recordings of me reading stories from my kid's books so they could have a moment with
me each day while I was away in Peru. Then we loaded up everything and everyone into the car and drove to the airport around at 11:00 am.

After tearful goodbyes, I was on my own waiting to catch my first flight from Buffalo to New York City. Once in New York, I had to wait for my friend Santos Garcia to arrive from Indianapolis. I used the time to pray, read my Bible, and go over my notes for the New Testament survey class we would be teaching in the week to come.

When Santos arrived, I found out I was waiting at the wrong terminal, so together we walked, rode the AirTrain, and used the many escalators and moving sidewalks to get to where we needed to be for our midnight flight to Lima. Besides catching up on each other's lives, we passed the time making a few phone calls, eating a good supper, and going over notes again. I was even able to tell the kids good night. Around 11:30 pm we boarded the plane and waited for our nearly 8-hour flight to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment