Friday, September 30, 2016

Off to Peru on Friday!

It's finally here. At noon next Friday, October 7, I will be boarding my first flight in Buffalo, New York. Eighteen and a half hours later I will touch down in Lima, Peru, at 6:30 am local time. I will spend the day in Lima with my good friend Santos Garcia, and the following day we will fly from Lima to Tarapoto, then take a one hour car ride to Chazuta.


From Monday, October 10 through Friday, October 14, Santos and I will be teaching a group of pastors an overview of the New Testament. My sections are mostly in the afternoon. Here's what I'm covering:

  • Luke, Acts
  • Romans
  • 2 Corinthians
  • 1-2 Thessalonians
  • 1-2 Timothy, Titus
  • Hebrews
Rock slides are a real risk on the drive between Tarapoto and Chazuta, and the weather report indicates rain all week. In fact, it also indicates a high temperature each day at or above 90 degrees.



Santos convinced me to stay a couple days after the trip is over to visit Cuzco and Machu Picchu, so I won't be returning to Buffalo until Tuesday, October 18.

Please pray for our families back in the States. Hannah will have a lot on her hands, and, believe it or not, she gets lonely when I'm not around. I will not be able to contact her much while I'm in Peru, so giving her a call or sending her an encouraging word via text or Facebook would go a long way. The kids always miss me when I go away, so pray for them too.

Obviously, I want you to pray for Santos and me that we would handle God's word well and that we would not get sick.

After I return I should have plenty of photos and videos to share. Thanks to everyone who's supported me in fundraising and your prayers.

Bonus: Click here for a 360-degree view of the compound where we'll be training.

No comments:

Post a Comment