Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Great Stories of the Bible


One of the greatest things you can do with your kids is to read to them. Practically every day I find myself with one or more kids on my lap, a book in my hands, and another fifteen minutes to a half-hour gone before I know it. My four- and three-year-old love weekly trips to the library, and I enjoy looking for titles I read (or were read to me) when I was a kid too.


Since I read to the kids so much, I try to find books that take a little longer to read. Fifteen to thirty minutes can feel like an eternity once we get past book number four or five. I recently got a review copy of Great Stories of the Bible from Zondervan, and it fit my and my kids’ needs perfectly.

Great Stories of the Bible is an I Can Read Level 2 book, which is geared towards kids who are starting to read, but still need help with some words (level 3 is for kids who can read by themselves). Even though my kids can’t read, I found that the amount of text per page was enough that I didn’t feel like I was flying through the book yet my kids didn’t get bored looking at the picture waiting for me to turn the page.


This particular book is actually a collection of six smaller books in one. Individual titles are about 25 pages, but when bundled together it’s an excellent collection for story time. Some sites (including the publisher) have the wrong stories listed in the description, so to be clear, this set includes the following:


- Creation and the fall
- The fiery furnace
- Ruth and Naomi
- Miracles of Jesus
- Prodigal son
- The Good Samaritan



I’d recommend this book to most anyone with young kids. It’s a great way to expose your kids to the Bible, and the number of stories makes it a much better deal than buying the titles individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment