Sunday, April 24, 2016

Peru fundraising has begun!

Peru is known for the headwaters of the Amazon river, the mountaintop ruins of Machu Picchu, and the Nazca lines. Tourists from all over the world travel there to take in these wondrous sights, and having visited the ancient Incan citadel myself, I can say that it's a worthy destination for anyone's bucket list.

Twelve years ago I boarded a plane in Lima, the capital, bound for the United States at the conclusion of a two month mission trip to the country. This October I'm returning, but not for sightseeing. I'm going to a small town called Chazuta. It's way up north on the eastern slopes of the Andes away from the tourists and foreigners. There I and a few other men will conduct a weeklong training seminar for local pastors, some of whom travel for a week along the Huallaga River in order to attend. These seminars occur a few times each year and are the only formal religious training most of these men have ever had.

The overall cost of the trip is $2400, which covers airfare, lodging, food, and materials for the attendees. So far I've raised $300, which is more than 10% of the total trip cost. I'm grateful for those who have donated already and for those who have committed to donating in the near future. If you're considering donating, you can do so quickly and easily online at www.egsnetwork.com/gift2?giftid=1EF91E68F77C49C. Be sure to put my name, ANDREW WENCL, in the notes field.

If you'd like to give by check, you can write it out to Reaching and Teaching and mail it to

Reaching and Teaching
PO Box 122
Wheaton, IL 60187

Please include with the check (not on the check) a note with my name and "Chazuta October 2016 Trip."

If you're not in a position to give towards the trip, I'm still grateful for your prayers. Whether you donate, pray, or both, please send me a message to know that you did. It's encouraging to know that others are lifting me up to God in their prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment