Friday, October 9, 2015

Peru is less than a year away

Next year I will be participating in a mission trip to northern Peru in a small town called Chazuta. The trip runs from October 8-15, 2016, so we're now officially less than one year away!

While I'm in Peru I'll be helping to train pastors from all over the countryside. We'll be teaching on prayer and giving a survey of the New Testament. This is one of over ten such trainings conducted over multiple years to bring a solid theological education to those who wouldn't have the opportunity to get one otherwise.

I've already been thinking about how I can prepare myself for this trip, even this far in advance. Since prayer is one of the areas we'll be teaching on, I've been praying about the trip in general and the pastors in particular. I've also been praying for good weather. This area of the country is prone to rains and landslides that can dump large boulders on the mountain roads. It can also dump those same boulders on people traveling those roads. God alone determines if, when, and where they will fall, so I appreciate your prayers on my behalf. If this week's weather is any indication of what I can expect next year, it's looking hot. It was 96 degrees yesterday, and all next week is looking like rain.


In addition to prayer, I'm seeking financial support from anyone who feels inclined to give. In my last post I shared how you could give through my church. You can still do that, or you can give directly through the mission agency, Reaching & Teaching International Ministries. Either method is tax deductible.

Checks can be sent to:

Reaching and Teaching
PO Box 122
Wheaton, IL 60187

Just be sure to include a note (not on the check) with my name and "Chazuta October 2016 Trip"

A more convenient method is giving online either by an electronic funds transfer from your bank or by credit card. Simply include my name in the comments field.

No comments:

Post a Comment