Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I'm going to Peru!



Training site in Chazuta, Peru
I’m happy to announce that, Lord willing, I’ll be travelling to Chazuta, Peru, in October 2016 on a one-week mission trip with Reaching & Teaching International Ministries.

Chazuta is a small community on the eastern side of the Andes mountains. Pastors from as far away as a week’s journey by trail and boat will be coming there for the week of October 8-15, 2016, for an ongoing training program that began in 2013. I along with others who go on this trip will teach a survey of the New Testament, the personal spiritual discipline of prayer, and an advanced course for those who have completed the basic program.

I encourage you to watch this Youtube video from a trip in October 2014. This is what I’m getting myself into.


My focus right now is on praying over this trip. As a matter of fact, please pray for the trip right now, and if you can commit to it, include it in your regular times of prayer.
I’ll be making a concerted effort at fundraising closer to the New Year, but if you’d like to get a head start and donate towards the cost of the trip ($2400, including airfare), you can do so by sending a check to

Fall Creek Baptist Church
8901 Fall Creek Road
Indianapolis, IN 46256

Please put on the check that it is for the “Peru Mission Trip—Andrew Wencl.”

I’ll also be working on getting in shape for the trip and developing some outdoorsman skills that may be useful in that area of the country. I’ll chronicle my efforts on those fronts closer to the New Year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment