Friday, December 5, 2014

God Gave Us Angels

I'm proud to present my older sister, Amy Nawrot, as my newest reviewer of children's books. Amy taught fourth grade for a number of years before turning a new page in her life as a stay-at-home mother. She has three children, aged 2 to 6.


There are many different theories and beliefs about angels in our society. I was eager to see just how Ms. Bergren chose to approach the concept of angels. The story is presented as a conversation between two polar bears, a papa and his daughter. The young cub has heard rumors about angels from other forest creatures and she is curious to learn more about them. Papa bear tries to clarify the questions and misunderstandings that she has, and through their conversation readers are able to better understand why God gave us angels.

I would give this book 8 out of 10 stars. I felt like the author did a good job explaining the role of angels as it has been presented in The Bible. That makes this book a good resource for explaining angels to children. I believe that all readers would find the book informative and an enjoyable read.

I found the author’s use of childlike speech to be distracting and potentially confusing for younger readers. An example is the word invisible is presented as imbisible. That leads me to believe this book would best be shared with a child by an adult. Check out God Gave Us Angels today.

Amy received a copy of the book from the publisher for the purpose of writing this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment