Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back to Square One

I am now a father. I have a daughter who, when her diaper is dry, her tummy is full, and her consciousness is awakened, is looking at everything. She’s taking in new information all the time. She sees lights, hears sounds. She looks at Hannah and me every day. What is she seeing?

I have a Bible on my dresser that I believe is the Word of God. I have a relationship with the Creator of the universe because He sent His Son to endure what I couldn’t, to die in my stead, and to rise to life. Will she see this in me?

The only way to show her is to read that Bible, living and doing what it says. To pray to that God in proportion to my faith, my thankfulness, my dependence on Him.

Really, it isn’t any different than what we expect a new believer to do. Read the Word. Pray. Live out your faith every day. It’s like going back to square one.

Spiritual growth and spiritual maturity is not measured in levels. It’s measured by movement. All believers who are growing and maturing in their faith should be at square one. Praying. Reading. Living. Doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment