Monday, May 23, 2011

A Weekend to Remember

This past weekend my wife and I went to the Weekend to Remember marriage conference. It was a nice break from the norm, as we’ve had two funerals, a women’s conference, and other happenings this month that have really weighed heavily on us, pushing both Hannah and I to the brink of exhaustion.

Yesterday, after the conference, I took a two hour nap. I never take naps. Even Hannah was surprised by it. We’ve been rushing around without the chance to stop and catch our breath.

That’s why this weekend was so nice. Instead of rushing around and focusing on other things (all good things, mind you), we could stop and focus on each other. The whole program was rather simple and enjoyable. We were given time to discuss some issues, pray together, and make the weekend memorable.

Sunday afternoon after the last session we decided to stop at a little restaurant on the corner of Delaware and Ohio in downtown Indianapolis called Barcelona Tapas. We made it just in time for the brunch buffet and we tried some Spanish dishes I haven’t had in five years. I would love to take Hannah to Spain someday.

All in all the weekend was relaxing. We enjoyed a fine marriage conference, passed time in the shade along the canal, ate some great food, and even watched The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

With all that fun, it will be hard to get back into the swing of things, but I am ready for normal once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment