Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Evening Sickness

My wife is in her sixth week of pregnancy (by our calculations) and has begun having morning sickness. Except she's fine in the morning. The wave of nausea hits her in the evening, sometime around 8:00 or 9:00. Since we aren't planning on telling our families until Friday, March 4, we have to figure out a way to keep this a secret.

But right now keeping this a secret is not the biggest thing on our minds. Hannah is feeling ill. I can't help her beyond getting her cereal like Life or Honey Bunches of Oats (she likes that better than crackers for some reason). She wants to go to bed early, and as I sit here typing this she is already under the covers in the other room.

Today was fairly uneventful. We played cribbage together and I got skunked. Typically I beat her. Yesterday she beat me for the first time in practically forever and today she skunks me. In all the times we've played together, I've never skunked her. Yet what would normally be cause for celebration (it's the little things that make the big moments) is muted and muffled by the nausea.

I wish for this time to pass. But it is necessary, and it is even a good sign that we have a normal pregnancy. Hopefully her winning streak in cribbage is a temporary thing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment